Last Revised: 2021
Information We Collecta. Personal Information
Personal Information that We collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Account and profile information, including name, e-mail address, usernames and passwords;
- Your mobile device telephone number;
- Any other Personal Information that You may provide when You set-up an account with Us or when you contact us with questions and/or inquiries;
- Device information, including the type of mobile device to which You have downloaded Our Apps;
- Geo-location information;
- Any other Personal Information that You may enter when You use the Services or Products, such as billing information;
- Technical support records;
- Service requests and inquiries; and
- Any information that d.moat collects from You that is intended to improve and personalize Our Services and Products.
Personal information does not include information that is aggregated or anonymized in such a manner that it cannot be connected to You or any of its other end-users (“Users”). Such information by itself or together cannot be tracked to a specific individual’s personally identifiable information.
How do We use Personal Information?
d.moat collects Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide Services to You and Users;
- to create and administer Your user account, including to authenticate You on log-in;
- to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations and to communicate with You in order to provide Services and Products. This includes, but is not limited to, communications relating to account verification;
- communicate with You regarding billing and account verification;
- permit our payment processor, to provide payment processing services;
- collect and store limited parts of Your payment information (such as a part of a credit card number, or a part of your billing address) in order to record transactions and to prevent fraud;
- to respond to any correspondence You may direct to Us;
- to understand Our Users’ needs and preferences;
- to provide You with service or administrative messages;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- for any other reasonable purposes for which You may have provided Your express consent or in which Your consent can be reasonably implied.
How do We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information?
The non-personally identifiable information collected is used to monitor traffic, provide the Services and Products, and conduct internal research on Our Users’ to better understand and serve them, including Users’ size, usage patterns, demographics, interests and behaviors
The Services and Products may automatically receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information about Users’ Service and Product usage and their devices, including network information (e.g. network packet headers, vulnerabilities and threats, SSID, Product information (e.g. model, software version)), IP address, and mobile network information. We use different types of technology to collect this information, such as cookies.
We use Google Analytics to track information about visits to the Website, including to compile statistical reports about the activity on the Website. This information is used by Us to improve the Website and the Functionalities. This data may be used to show you advertising on any Google or Google affiliated website.
We respect Your privacy and, unless otherwise required by law, We will not collect, use or disclose Your Personal Information without Your prior consent. Your consent may be expressed or implied. You may expressly give Your consent in writing, verbally or through any electronic means. In certain circumstances, Your consent may be implied by Your actions. For example, providing Us Personal Information to register for Our Services is implied consent to use such information to provide You the associated services.
Where appropriate, d.moat will generally seek consent for the use or disclosure of the information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent with respect to use or disclosure may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when d.moat wants to use information for a purpose other than those identified above). In obtaining consent, d.moat will use reasonable efforts to ensure that a customer is advised of the identified purposes for which Personal Information collected will be used or disclosed.
The form of consent sought by d.moat may vary, depending upon the circumstances and type of information disclosed. In determining the appropriate form of consent, d.moat shall take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations of Our Users. d.moat will seek express consent when the information is likely to be considered sensitive. Implied consent will generally be appropriate where the information is less sensitive.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In order to withdraw consent, You must provide notice to d.moat in writing.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Unless required by law, or in connection with a business transaction, d.moat shall not use or disclose or transfer Personal Information for any purpose other than those described above without first identifying and documenting the new purpose and obtaining Your consent, where such consent may not reasonably be implied.
Subject to the foregoing, only d.moat’s and Our Affiliates’ employees with a business need to know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to Personal Information about Our Users. All such employees will be required as a condition of employment to contractually respect the confidentiality of Our Users’ Personal Information.
d.moat will retain Personal Information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to the guidelines and procedures established by d.moat.
Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose Personal Information without Your knowledge or consent if We receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of Your Personal Information. If We receive a written request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency with authority to request access to Your Personal Information in the course of an actual or potential investigation into a breach of a law, Our policy is to provide the requested information.
Children and Minors
Our Services and Products are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information about a child under the age of 13. We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to create accounts, make purchases or enter contests or promotions.
Links to Other Websites
How can I Access my Personal Information?
Upon request, d.moat will provide information to You or another User regarding the existence, use and disclosure of his or her Personal Information. d.moat will respond to an application for individual access to Personal Information within a reasonable time and at minimal or no cost to the individual. A User may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
NOTE: In certain circumstances, d.moat may not be able to provide access to all the Personal Information it holds about a User. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. d.moat will provide the reasons for denying access upon request.
d.moat protects Your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. d.moat will protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Our methods of protection include:
- Physical measures, such as filing cabinets which are kept locked when not in use and restricted access, both to d.moat's place of business in general and to internal offices as well;
- Organization measures, such as employee vetting procedures and limited access on a need to know basis; and
- Technological measures, such as the use of passwords, firewalls and encryption.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website or Apps that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact Us using one of the methods identified directly below.
E-mail: [ email@example.com ]